Inhale and exhale.
Okay there’s a little mini panic going on right now because, let’s face it, everyone wants to make money this weekend. It’s Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday and we all wish we could *POOF!* magically make our offers and discounts and incredibly tempting specials just appear.
But it takes a little setup and planning, doesn’t it?
And that’s tough when it’s Monday and all the stuff is happening THIS FRIDAY.
Yea, I feel you.
So here’s a little roadmap to set you straight, in case the overwhelm is setting in:
How to promote your product and put it up for sale (the basics, for newbies)
Step 1: How do I want to tell them about my product?
- Promo threads in other peoples’ facebook groups
- Posting in my own facebook group
- I’ll send private messages, individually
- Emailing my list
- Posting on my Facebook Like Page
Step 2: How will they learn about the DETAILS of my product, so they can decide if it’s right for them?
- I’ll make a long post in my group with all the details
- I’ll make a long post in promo threads in other peoples’ groups with all the details
- I’ll send ALL the details in an email to my email list
- I’ll write ALL the details in a post on my Facebook Like Page
- I’ll explain ALL the details on a landing page on my website (Leadpages, Optimizepress, etc.)
Why it’s important to know this: Again, there are varying strategies for the different places where you can promote your product. You don’t need ALL of the above. You only need ONE.
Step 3: How will I accept their money for my product, once they’re convinced by my awesome details that it’s right for them?
- I’ll make a paypal button and give the link in a social media post
- I’ll install a paypal button on my landing page
- I’ll make a button on my landing page, and that button will lead them to an product page within my separate shopping cart (Samcart, shopify, square, moon clerk)
Why it’s important to know this: See a pattern yet? There are varying strategies for the different places where you can promote your product. You don’t need ALL of the above. You only need ONE.