Congrats on your progress over the summer! It’s difficult to juggle the job, family, social gatherings, vacations, and everything AND make progress toward your fitness goal. But it’s so worth it. 🙂
Not enough time to work out?
Too tired to commit to an hour-long class at the gym?
If you’re having trouble finding time to fit your workout in, I’ve got some help for ya!
Last week I experimented with creating my own 10 minute workouts. The best part is that you can make them as intense as you want (or not) and it doesn’t last long at all!
You can do this. I know you can!
Step-by-Step Instructions to Create Your Own 10 Minute Workout
1. Find videos or pinterest posts for exercises you’ve been meaning to try.
2. Make a list of 6 exercises you want to do (or three, and then repeat the whole set a second time!)
3. Check to make sure the exercises will work the muscles you want to work. For example, alternate between arm exercises and leg exercises so you don’t burn out!
4. Do each exercise for 30 seconds as INTENSE as you can. Run as fast as you can. Get as many push-ups in as you can. Go hard and remember it’s only 10 minutes!
5. Rest for 10 seconds to transition between each exercise.
For Extra Fun:
Video Record yourself doing it and then speed up the video and watch it. Post it on instagram and tag me at @rochellesanch so I can cheer you on!
Choose exercises that don’t require any equipment, if possible. It will help with the 10 minute transitions that can go by really FAST.
Sample 10-minute Workout:
Warm up: High Knees for 1 minute
Exercise 1: Jog in place
Exercise 2: Push-ups
Exercise 3: Burpees
Exercise 4: Plank 30 seconds
Exercise 5: Mountain Climbers
Exercise 6: Jumping Jacks
Cool down as needed (walk around and catch your breath)
Create your own 10 minute workout and post it below for others to try!
And just for (more fun), here’s the one I posted last week: